Changes to basketball due to COVID level 2 restrictions...
By Sara Quelch | Posted: Thursday August 13, 2020
Please read on for important changes to the basketball programme on Monday 17th August at the Edgar Centre...
Basketball is going ahead on Monday.
Please check our website for the draw.
There are a few rule changes to keep everyone safe that have come through from Basketball Otago:
- Games are going to be zoned in the Edgar centre. Zone 1 being courts 1,2,3 and Zone 2 being court 4,5,6,7. Entry to these zones are through the arena entrance.
- Spectators are not allowed in to watch. Parents need to drop off their children at the door.
- Only coach and team players will be allowed entry.
- If there are exceptions for individual player safety these will be made on a case by case basis and Basketball Otago should be notified prior.
- Games will be 2 x 15 minute halves with running clocks. This means all games in each zone start and finish at the same time. Zone 1 games will start 10 mins after zone 2 games therefore reducing the number of people going through doors at the same time. Once your game has been finished you need to exit the Edgar centre immediately.
This decision and information has come from Basketball Otago. We appreciate everyone following these guidelines. Please don't hesitate to email if you have any further questions. We will endeavour to keep you up to date if there are any changes.