By Terry Tarapi | Posted: Thursday September 22, 2016
It's a wrap!
Kia Ora Parents and Caregivers
All year 8 staff would like to thank our Year 8 families and community for your support in the running of all our programmes this term. Whether it was as a helper on our Art Gallery Trip, assisting with our Olympic 8 celebration or helping with your child’s learning we appreciate your efforts in the education of our Year 8 students.
Looking forward to next term our integrated unit of study is called “Challenge.” We will investigate how people respond to personal challenges. This will include the students…
· Completing the drug and alcohol programme with the Life Education Bus
· Viewing a presentation by The Police Education Officer about keeping safe online
· Working together as a class to produce a class lip sync item
· Participation in the Year 8 Triathlon event
· Contributing to the fundraising for the Challenge Day Out…
Next term will be a highlight of your child’s time with us over the 2 years they will spend at Balmacewen. Today your child was issued with a newsletter explaining the Term 4 EOTC programme. This trip will be a main focus for our year group, especially the challenge of contributing towards the cost of the day. Please encourage them to start this over the break. Before we know it the students will be learning formal dances in order to celebrate the end of the year with our very own Year 8 Social.
Take care, enjoy the break, recharge the batteries and see you in 2 weeks.
Year 8 Teachers